Coordinator, Construction & Development
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Vice President, Construction, Western Canada with dotted line to the Director, Development, Western Canada, this role provides support and coordination to the Construction and Development Teams in order to ensure the successful delivery of medium and large size retail and mixed-use projects across Western Canada. Additional duties of the Coordinator, Construction & Development include but are not limited to:
- Provide support and coordination to the VP, Construction and Director, Development as well as other team members as required, including correspondence, letters, memorandums, presentations, reports, agreements, and confidential items.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare documents for consideration and presentation to internal/external stakeholders and Board of Directors. Develop market research and demographic information as requested.
- Contract administration support in order to setup projects, issue purchase orders, issue change orders, run cost reports and process invoices in Yardi.
- Setup and maintenance for new Development jobs/projects in Yardi, including management of documentation / approvals to ensure department procedures are adhered to and support the internal audit team as required and verify compliance.
- Prepare and manage the contract execution process for design consultants and contractors.
- Maintain records of compliance for contractors’ workers compensation and insurance certificates
- Reconcile and prepare project close out documentation, including closing out projects in Yardi.
- Upload and maintain electronic programs and files as required and ensures that paper filing is organized and completed (e.g., SharePoint)
- Scan and maintain drawing files
- Prepare and process construction and development invoices and coding in preparation of the accounts payable process
- Handle invoice related matters such as communicating with outside vendors regarding status, obtaining contractor stat declarations, performing lien searches and verifying holdback requests
- Liaise and openly communicate with contractors, consultants and other relevant parties in support of construction and development activities
- Collaborate with key engineering, construction and development roles to share responsibilities as required.
- Collaborate with other Construction and Development team members to facilitate alignment of processes
- Prepare and process expense reports for Construction and Development department
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our Ideal candidate would have a minimum of three years related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Analytical, problem solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in working in Excel, PowerPoint and Word are a must.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as have the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers in 2019. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Coordinator, Construction & Development
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.