Who we are:
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity at Crombie REIT in the role of Executive Assistant. Based out of our New Glasgow office, the Executive Assistant provides administration and organizational assistance to the President & CEO, Chief Financial Officer & Secretary, EVP & Chief Operating Officer, Chief Talent Officer & VP Communications, Chair of the Board Crombie REIT, and the Board of Trustees. Other duties of the Executive Assistant include, but are not limited to:
• Acts as a key point of contact for the President & CEO, CFO & Secretary, EVP & COO, CTO & VP Communications, and the Chair of the Board Crombie REIT, ensuring clear communication between stakeholders, and reliable and timely resolution to inquiries.
• Acts as point of contact for all Board Trustees for Board meetings, agenda setting, scheduling, travel, and Board pre-reads.
• Coordinates all administrative aspects for the EVP & COO, CFO & Secretary, CTO & VP Communications, the Chairman of the Board of Crombie REIT, and Board of Trustees.
• Accurately manages and navigates schedules for the President & CEO, EVP & COO, CFO & Secretary, CTO & VP Communications, and the Chair of the Board of Crombie REIT.
• Reviews and analyzes incoming information requests, memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and distribute accordingly.
• Communicates with executives, senior management, and other employees to gather information as needed.
• Schedules and coordinates details of management meetings, Board meetings and the AGM.
• Coordinates details of offsite meetings, conferences and other special events such as the AGM.
• Schedules meetings and arranges travel, maintaining communication with and providing information to all parties as appropriate.
• Prepares, reviews, and maintains documentation including: correspondence, letters, memorandums, presentations, reports, agreements, and confidential items.
• Conducts market and demographic research, compiles data, and helps prepare documents for consideration and presentation to executives, committees, and the Board of Trustees.
• Coordinates Board and Committee materials, compiling data, and preparing and uploading documents for consideration and presentation to executives, committees, and the Board of Trustees.
• Inputs and maintains records and database systems, including electronic and paper filing.
• Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports when required by Executive.
• Other special projects as assigned by the Executive.
The successful candidate will have:
• Post-secondary education in office administration, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
• Minimum of 5 years administrative experience in a professional environment;
• Prior experience in a legal or commercial real estate environment considered an asset;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and technologically capable;
• Exceptional organizational skills with a high attention to detail; and
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
All interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Executive Assistant