Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the National Director of Legal & Lease Administration, the Lawyer acts as an associate and provides general legal and other advice and guidance on a broad range of topics related to all facets of Crombie’s business. Additional duties of the Lawyer role include but are not limited to:
- Providing interpretations as directed by the General Counsel or National Director, Legal & Lease Administration
- Collaborating with Senior Lease Documentation Specialists, providing assistance and reviewing of larger scale service contracts as required, ensuring lease documentation, agreements follow the established national Crombie leasing process and procedures as well as company policies and strategies;
- Collaborating with regional stakeholders and national leasing team to achieve leasing targets (rent and timing) and maintain positive relationships with tenants, brokers, external legal firms and partners.
- Ensuring accurate, timely, and complete preparation of all legal documentation and correspondence between clients, legal representatives and in-house counsel.
- Working collaboratively with internal business units in response to legal related questions and matters;
- Working in collaboration with Leasing Manager’s and Senior Lease Documentation Specialist to negotiate clauses with the tenant, the tenant’s broker or its legal representative, as required;
- Assisting with special projects as assigned by the National Director of Legal & Lease Administration or General Counsel.
The successful candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of commercial real estate legal experience, prior in-house counsel experience is considered an asset. The successful candidate must be able draft and negotiate lease documentation, with the ability to manage concurrent projects and meet deadlines. Applicants must be a member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada, and able to practice law in Ontario
Professionalism and superior communication skills both verbally and written are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to;