Who we are:
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Crombie REIT in the role of Leasing Manager. Based out of our Mississauga Office, the Leasing Manager contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by driving leasing functions for Crombie REIT. In this role, the successful candidate will manage the leasing and renewal activities for an assigned portfolio of properties. Additional duties of the Leasing Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with all key stakeholder groups, to understand business objectives, and align with improvement/investment strategy for the portfolio
- Handles all lease negotiations including new leasing and renewals as assigned
- Leases space in existing properties in accordance with portfolio and property budget requirements;
- Maintains leasing status reports, Yardi platform, and accurate records with respect to potential tenants for new and existing properties;
- Coordinates lease buy-outs, surrenders, assignments, tenant buildouts, etc. with all necessary departments.
- Oversees and executes leasing negotiations and planning for new locations and renovations
- Develops, builds and maintains relationships with existing and prospective tenants and retail representatives.
- Assists in the strategic positioning of assets with a focus on revenue growth.
- Oversees the deal process from offer to opening.
- Understands and be familiar with other competing properties and developments.
- Maintains accurate and organized records of leasing transactions.
- Creates annual budget revenue projections and provides revenue reforecast as required.
- Collaborates between departments to ensure alignment on regional and national initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
Our successful candidate will have a post secondary education in Marketing, Finance or Business, in addition to three to five years experience in commercial property leasing. Professionalism and superior communication skills in both official languages(English/French) both verbally and written is mandatory . The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information. Prior experience with Yardi Voyageur is considered an asset
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Leasing Manager