We have an exciting opportunity to join the Crombie REIT Operations team in the role of Maintenance Worker. Reporting to the Property Manager, this job contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective maintenance and service of a portfolio of Crombie properties in the Burlington area. Service oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, under general supervision of the Property Manager, this role is responsible for a variety of routine and non-routine, semi-skilled maintenance duties. This is a full-time position and travel is required.
- Day-to-day operations, service and maintenance of all sites within the portfolio of properties.
- Orders supplies and demonstrates knowledge of purchase orders.
- Anticipates and responds to all operational issues, as well as short and long term organizational and tenant needs.
- Ensures excellent tenant relations by providing excellent service through knowledge, practice, and exceptional customer service.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with all key stakeholder groups (tenants, contractors, suppliers, and internal departments).
- Ensures tenants are open and operating.
- Performs daily site visits to identify and follow up on potential issues.
- Performs monthly property and quarterly tenant inspections.
- Works effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicates relevant issues to the Property Manager.
- Solves basic problems, and recognizes and participates in solving more complex issues with the Property Manager.
- Monitors contractors to ensure duties are performed as per contracts; communicates directly with contractors to resolve issues.
- Meets with contractors for service calls; provides supervised access to mechanical rooms if required.
- Performs monthly water meter readings at sites where required.
- Demonstrates familiarity with contract tendering, drafting and review.
- Ensures all properties in the portfolio meet federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
- Availability to be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week; responding to emergency situations, including butnot limited to fire alarms, floods, vehicular and pedestrian accidents.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of maintenance related experience and knowledge of building operations.
- General knowledge in the following areas:
- Fire pumps/fire panels
- HVAC systems
- Occupational Health and Safety standards and procedures
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Clear criminal record check.