Vice President, Retail Leasing
Who we are
Crombie is one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, and we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that enjoys what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
The Vice President, Retail Leasing is accountable for the ownership and oversight of national retail leasing activities and relationships. Reporting to Senior Vice President, National Leasing & Operations, the Vice President, Retail Leasing is a member of Crombie REIT’s leadership team, a thought leader and contributor to Crombie’s national business strategy. Additional duties of the Vice President, Retail Leasing include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the planning, negotiation and execution of national retail leasing activities for Crombie, driving cash flow growth and ensuring value added reporting is in place.
- Developing an overall national retail leasing strategy for Crombie, identifying process/systems improvements and ensuring implementation, national consistency, and adherence to corporate brand standards for all properties.
- Providing leadership for value creation projects across Canada, ensuring the strategic positioning of existing or potential future assets with a focus on NOI/revenue growth.
- Setting strategic retail leasing targets and plans, annual retail leasing budgets, and quarterly retail leasing priorities; monitoring progress against goals and the quality of service of all leasing activities.
- Reviewing and signing off on all relevant legal and leasing documents, assessing all strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with prospective tenants as well as identifying and describing mitigating factors.
- Effectively communicating with all key stakeholder groups (current & prospective clients, operations, construction, finance and lease administration) to understand business objectives, build relationships and align with portfolio strategy nationally.
- Building and managing a pipeline of potential tenants; developing and maintaining strong current and prospective tenant relationships within the industry.
- Staying abreast of economic activities of key current or potential tenants and maintaining high visibility with these organizations.
- Cultivating strong relationships with Sobeys, the brokerage community, partners, national tenants, existing tenants and anchor tenants, and others as appropriate; leveraging existing relationships with national tenants and their representatives to create opportunities.
- Developing keen market knowledge and identifying industry retail leasing trends, and having an in-depth knowledge of comparable properties metrics and financial performance.
- Building and developing a highly effective team to support future talent needs within the organization, coaching all leasing managers to meet or exceed budget and occupancy targets.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have ten to fifteen years of related experience in leasing at a leadership level. Applicants should possess exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, and ability to manage a complex workload and lead across all regions on a national level. The successful candidate must have sound knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, capital markets, market drivers, economic trends, as well as strong relationships in the industry, an ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally, and the ability to lead a team in an entrepreneurial environment.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been consistently recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Vice President, Retail Leasing
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.