Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who we are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Based out of our Halifax or New Glasgow Office location, the Financial Analyst provides support and analysis for Crombie’s internal reporting team. This role is a key member of the Crombie team, and collaborates across the organization to improve the consistency and efficiency of our business and reporting functions and supporting systems. Additional duties of the Financial Analyst include but are not limited to;
- Performs moderately complex analysis to assigned projects and special tasks.
- Collaborates with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Teams (AR, AP and Accounting) to identify areas of process improvement and acts as a point person for assigned department/organizational initiatives, testing and policy/procedure development.
- Data gathering and input of information to required systems.
- Implementation and providing recommendations for continuous improvements and advancements in the recovery process.
- In collaboration with leadership, takes a holistic approach to streamline tenant inquiries process and requests as applicable.
- Facilitates and implements new processes around, year-end billings, and so forth.
- Ensures all Crombie processes or reporting functions follow all applicable accounting standards.
- Demonstrates ownership for special projects and project team(s) as assigned, in addition to providing reporting metrics to direct manager and senior leadership on project progress.
- Supports the budgeting process to identify trends and forecasting as required.
- Understands Crombie accounting systems and platforms, acting as a subject matter expert and power user.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned to support the business and accounting and financial reporting functions.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have two to five years of related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree in Accounting; however, recent graduates are encouraged to apply. CPA, CMA or CA designation (completed or in progress) is considered an asset. Candidates should possess exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, and ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with real estate accounting software (CTI or Yardi) would be considered an asset.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Financial Analyst
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.